Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quick update


I haven’t blogged in a while so I thought I’d give a quick update.

Nate and I went to Dallas for the Mary Kay Seminar and it was FABULOUS!!! I have some major goals to reach, but I’m confident I will. Mary Kay truly is a “God FIRST, family second, career third” company. Nate even got to walk across the big stage…and before me! I’m super jealous! Check out how Nate looks in a National Sales Director suit...pretty HOT, right? He definitely got some looks! Plus, when I was in the bathroom later that day some ladies recognized me and asked if it was MY husband that was taking the pic in the NSD suit. We're talking about 10,000 people at this thing! I laughed so hard I cried. Nate is so serious most of the time and this was ALL his idea!


Brett is growing like a weed. He won't turn 4 until November but weighs 44 lbs and is 43 inches tall, which puts him in or above the 95th percentile for weight and off the charts for height. He’s just plain tall and solid! He starts preschool this Thursday and is very excited about getting to wear a backpack. He’s enjoyed swimming, digging in the dirt and rocks, and riding his 4-wheeler this summer.



Nate starts school tomorrow and is expecting this year to be much better than last year. He’s ready to teach and is focused the positive things that are taking place in our lives rather than the loss of Chaz. He won’t be coaching basketball this year, which was a decision he made long before we found out we were expecting again. He is looking forward to cherishing every moment with the new baby rather than being gone most evenings as he was with Chaz.

I finished my Master’s degree and am now staying home again.

The pregnancy is going forward without complication and we should be finding out the gender of this baby at our next appointment. We didn’t find out the gender with Brett. We accidentally found out with Chaz. This time's going to be different. Brett has been referring to this baby as Chaz so in order to minimize confusion, we are going to name this baby as soon as we can so that we can explain things to Brett over the next few months. He’s had a little trouble adjusting to the idea this week. My guess is that he is associating a new baby with loss and Nate and I going crazy. I don’t even understand it all so how can I expect my 3 year old to get it? I have a hard time thinking about how I’m going to talk to him about this because I can’t make any guarantees to him about how long this baby will be with us. Right now my prayer is that God will give me the words to speak to Brett to let him know that everything will be okay one way or another. I can just imagine the number of comments about that last statement so let me make this clear…We are expecting this to be normal! We expect this child, Brett, and any future children to outlive us. Unfortunately, because of our circumstances, there will always be a very large question mark in the back of our minds even though our faith has never been stronger.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Awesome, Marie:

Thank you so much for the update, it all sounds so beautiful! And I can understand why there would be a ? and I will be praying for your conversation with Brett. Tell Brett congratulations on joining the school going ranks.:0)

Hugs and Love and mucho prayers!
Dani

Family of 3...as perfect as could be! said...

I love your new pics. I can't believe how much Brett has grown! was he excited to start preschool? it looks like you all had a fun summer. :)

catrina said...

LOVE the pictures, espcially the one of Nate. It made me laugh so hard I almost peed, which isn't saying much this late in pregnancy! So glad things are on the upswing especially with this pregnancy! I think it's a good idea to talk to Brett about the baby, it's hard for us as adults to understand death it's even more unfathomable for a 3 year old to understand and relate to it!! I'll be praying for you! Love ya girl and I miss you!! Drop me a line when you get a moment!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures and am so glad to hear your pregnancy is going smoothly.

Emi Nelson